"Make my problems go away"

|

From today's edition of the comic strip Pearls Before Swine:










I found that very sweet and poignant. At the same time, it reminds me a little of what religion is about for me. I think that some people believe in a sort of magical God who can make things better for us, especially if we pray for it. But I don't believe in that sort of God. That isn't the point as far as I am concerned.

Which is another way of saying that I need a hug from God, and not because that would make my problems go away. Maybe I just need a hug from God--anyway.

5 comments:

Jan said...

This reminds me of our human propensity to ask "WHY did this happen to me?" (I prayed after all!!) Instead, we need to ask, "WHO is with me?" There's when I remember that hug!

Unknown said...

I like to think that wind is just the atmosphere hugging me. It's a little more physical than God's hugs, I guess.

Heather W. Reichgott said...

Great cartoon, and a sentiment all the sweeter for being real.

May there be real hugs from God for you today.

episcopalifem said...

I agree - we want the God who can fix it all, but, really, a hug goes a long damn way.

Cynthia said...

(((((Mystical)))))